From: Andres Loeh <loeh@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: loeh@××××××××××××.de
Subject: [gentoo-dev] new eclass: haskell-cabal
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:57:27
1 Hi there.
2
3 The Haskell team has created a new eclass. It makes building Haskell
4 packages that conform to the Cabal [1] architecture (an effort that
5 aims at easing packaging and distribution of both Haskell libraries
6 and tools) nearly trivial. I wish to use the opportunity to thank
7 Lennart Kolmodin and Henning Günther, who aren't Gentoo developers,
8 but have had significant part in the design and development of the
9 eclass.
10
11 The eclass has been developed and tested in the inofficial
12 gentoo-haskell darcs [2] overlay [3], where the code is available for
13 inspection [4].
14
15 We plan to include the eclass in the main portage tree later
16 this week.
17
18 The overlay currently also contains ~10 packages using the
19 eclass. These will be added to the tree shortly after the inclusion of
20 the eclass. More packages using the eclass are likely to follow.
21
22 Cheers,
23 Andres (kosmikus)
24