From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] supersed removal
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:21:04
1 On Jul 22, 2004, at 5:34 am, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2
3 > does anyone have a reason for why supersed *shouldnt* be removed from
4 > the
5 > tree ? afaik, sed-4.x pretty much incorporated most of the 'cool'
6 > things
7 > supersed does and at this point, it seems pretty useless
8
9 There's been mention of `sed` on Gentoo-osx in the last few days.
10 <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=gentoo-osx&w=2&r=1&s=sed&q=b>.
11
12 It seems that GNU `sed` syntax is widely used in the Portage tree, yet
13 Mac OS is supplied with a BSD version of `sed`. I don't really know
14 what the implications are, or whether this might be a justification for
15 keeping `supersed` about, but thought I might bring it to your
16 attention.
17
18 Stroller.
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list