From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: proposed email - Dropping old kde3 eclasses from the tree
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 23:15:52
1 Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > As the KDE team prepares to add revised eclasses for the KDE3 ebuilds so
3 > we can get 3.5.10 marked stable and then finally ask for KDE4
4 > stabilization, we'd like to drop some old eclasses from the tree. We
5 > plan to drop the kde-base, kde-dist, kde-i18n and kde-source eclasses as
6 > they're no longer used.
7 > So unless someone has any objections, we'll drop the eclasses from the
8 > tree in the next few days.
9
10 I'm not a dev, and I hope my proposal isn't "stupid", but if they're
11 gonna get dropped, wouldn't it be a good idea to replace them with
12 dummies that print an error message about where to download them and how
13 to put them in portage in case someone, somewhere, somehow uses
14 something that needs them?