From: Marko Mikulicic <marko@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Contribute many ebuilds at once
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 19:44:36
1 Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
2 >>I must admit my hatered on web-interfaces and this kind of
3 >>repeatitive work.
6 > Depending on how important you feel it is that your ebuilds go into CVS
7 > asap, you might want to hold for two more weeks, and help test a new,
8 > prototype ebuild submission system where you can submit from your
9 > commandline, or even text-mode webbrowser :)
10
11 I want just to avoid duplicate work, in case someone feels
12 the need to use, say wmtop, and than wm*; sure they are
13 nice apps to start understanding portage, because they are small,
14 but if someone already did that three weeks ago without telling ....
15 aargh :-)
16
17 I would like to help developing a flexible command line submission system.
18 I'm interested in how are you currently organized, how and who read the
19 "bug" submissions ...
20 Alternatively I could write a dummy client which connects to the
21 bugzilla like a webbrowser and automates the submission.
22 (I suppose there is not a secure straight connection to the bugzilla
23 backend)
24 I see all this by a user perspective, not as a maintainer; so I would
25 like to learn more.
26
27 Marko