From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package.mask cleanups
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:58:40
1 On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:45:40 -0500
2 Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu> wrote:
3
4 > I was attempting to be helpful and filter out valid packages from the
5 > list. I could have been an ass and been like "Yo I think
6 > package.mask is bloated go clean it" and not given a list at all, but
7 > that is not very useful.
8 >
9 > I never said ( or meant for ) everything in that list to be cleaned,
10 > and perhaps I should have added a "use your own descretion" deal.
11 > The goal was to have a list that someone can quickly glance over and
12 > be like "hmm I maintain one or two of those lets check it out".
13
14 Sorry for hitting you with this, just that this is I thinkt he third
15 call for "cleaning package.mask" in the last 10 months or so, always
16 claiming that a mask that doesn't cover any ebuilds in the tree is
17 invalid (and everytime people write their own scripts for it).
18 One would think there might be more important things to do.
19
20 Marius
25 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
26 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.