From: Derek Greentree <derekgr@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gnome-python/pygtk and "import gnome"
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 20:30:54
1 Hi all,
2 Basically, I'm trying to run and hack a python script that says things
3 like
4 "from gnome import *"
5 Now, there are 2 packages in portage, gnome-python and pygtk. They
6 seem to provide the same stuff in terms of the files they install:
7 what's the difference between these 2 packages. However, the big problem
8 is that even with either (or both) installed the said python script
9 doesn't work; I get this error:
10
11 from gnome import *
12 ImportError: No module named gnome
13
14 So,
15 1. Are these two packages, gnome-python and pygtk, really different?
16 2. What can I emerge (or what do I need to make an ebuild for) so that
17 a python script can do an "import gnome"?
18
19 Thanks,
20 Derek Greentree