From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Portability eclass
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:03:58
1 On Friday 16 September 2005 17:42, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > If we'll find other functions needed for portability's sake, they'll
3 > probably going to be there, too.
4 Dropped the symcmd function, cleaned up the treecopy function (Martin, take a
5 look at cp --parent, what treecopy does is just the same, if someone calls it
6 with ${S}, it WILL create ${S} inside ${D}, but that's what they are asking
7 for using it), added an eseq option, that would be used on enewuser and
8 elsewhere were seq is used.
9
10 This does not use ${USERLAND} to find out which command to use, as Darwin can
11 have seq installed (and actually someone can have userland-gnu merged on *BSD
12 and path changed), so it just look if it's able to find seq, otherwise use
13 jot.
14
15 If this is ok, I'll commit this tonight changing enewuser according to use it.
18 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
19 Gentoo Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
20 (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64, Sound, PAM)