From: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] DOWNTIME ANNOUNCEMENT bugs.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:42:12
1 On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 00:48 -0500, Jeffrey Forman wrote:
2 > To all,
3 >
4 > This is just an 7-8 hour warning for the coming downtime of
5 > bugs.gentoo.org for upgrade. I plan to upgrade bugzilla the morning
6 > (EDT) of December 7th. I plan on alotting 30 minutes for the upgrade,
7 > although those in the past who have suffered through my upgrades, know
8 > they have gone much quicker if I do not hit any issues. I will send out
9 > a one hour reminder before bugs.g.o comes down. At the time of the
10 > upgrade, I will bring down our current buzilla, backup the database,
11 > copy over the new install, run some sanity checks, and then open it back
12 > up to the world.
13
14 HERE IS YOUR ONE HOUR WARNING
15
16 > Once again, bugs.g.o downtime around 930-1030am EDT, depending on when I
17 > wake up, check the metabug, make breakfast and sit myself back down at
18 > my workstation. It should take less than 30 minutes, bearing I do not
19 > hit any snafus.
20 >
21 > For those time zone challenged:
22 > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=12&day=6&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=179
25 Updated link for when it's going down in your home town:
26 http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=12&day=6&year=2005&hour=9&min=30&sec=0&p1=179
27
28 -Jeffrey
33 Jeffrey Forman