From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Speaking of new kernels being added to the tree
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 02:31:16
1 On Sunday 05 October 2003 11:10, Kumba wrote:
2 > Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > Sarcasm never helps anything in serious discussion...
4 >
5 > Sarcasm is rather useful, although, bizarre statements have much more
6 > effect. Bizarre statements such as asking "So, did anyone hear that
7 > Kermit the Frog just got signed to the Redskins for 8 years @ 252
8 > million as their new quarterback?". These tend to make people look at
9 > you oddly, thus breaking the tension that can sometimes occur in a
10 > serious discussion...
11
12 I agree with you there, _but_ sarcasm directed at the 'opposition' can only be
13 taken as a personal attack. Actually, I use sarcasm all the time in a serious
14 discussion, but it is always directed at myself. Anyways...
15
16 Jason
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list