From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] controlling src_test
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 02:03:10
1 There are several packages in portage (and even in base-system) that fail
2 in src_test when userpriv/usersandbox is enabled or disabled. That is, some
3 testsuites fail when run as root and some fail if not run as root.
4
5 I'd like a simple consistent way to mark or handle these packages without
6 disabling tests altogether (RESTRICT=test). As mentioned recently, checking
7 ${FEATURES} in an ebuild is frowned upon, and it doesn't seem right to handle
8 this on a per-ebuild basis. How would something like this best be implemented?
9 A split up RESTRICT (test_userpriv/test_nouserpriv)? test.eclass? Something
10 else? Looking at the bigger picture, are there any other situations where
11 finer-grained control over the test system would be helpful?
12
13 While I'm on the subject, I also thought it would be cool to have the option to
14 not die on a src_test failure, but instead to dump the log file and continue
15 on to the install phase. I know this can be done per-ebuild, but it'd be
16 a useful global option.
20 fonts / wxWindows / gcc-porting / treecleaners
21 9B81 6C9F E791 83BB 3AB3 5B2D E625 A073 8379 37E8 (0x837937E8)
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list