From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: treecleaner removals
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:28:51
Christian 'Opfer' Faulhammer wrote:
> Tach David, 0x2B859DE3 (PGP-PK-ID) > > David Grant schrieb: >> On 9/28/06, Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o> wrote: >>> +++ Mark Stier [28/09/06 15:35 +0200]: >>>> How about entering the removed ebuilds into bugzilla under an adequate >>>> section? >>> I think my original reply got lost, so just in case - seems like a time >>> for sunset overlays ;0 >> or sunrise rather... > > New packages not yet in the tree -> sunrise > Old crufty packages removed from the tree -> sunset > > Got it? > > V-Li >
There is a TreeCleaner Project overlay; but I was planning on placing tools in it; I may be convinced to add the ebuilds (and their files) that we clean to it; assuming it doesn't take anyone that long to do it; the problem being for some things that live only on our mirrors; the ebuilds won't work as the files get purged after two weeks. Let me consider this though; if we can script it somehow it would maybe benefit others (a treecleaner poopy overlay for Layman also...) -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list