From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] upcoming mirror cleansing
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:54:39
1 Brian Harring wrote:
2
3 >Why this matters- around 10,000 files out of 28,600 files will be
4 >removed from the mirrors network. Either
5 >
6 >A) no ebuild claims that distfile. it's orphaned on our mirrors
7 >B) RESTRICT="fetch" is set for the ebuild. We don't mirror those
8 > files.
9 >C) RESTRICT="mirror" is set for the ebuild. Again, we don't mirror
10 > those files, in this case we defer to another network (I don't make
11 > the rules, that's just how it's done)
15 You should not erase files newer than an arbitrary amount of time (a
16 week maybe?).
17 Don't forget about dev.g.o:/space/distfiles-local; a dev first put the
18 tarball in that folder _then_ submit the ebuild who use it.