From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Generating a list of DEPS for arches?
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:17:56
1 On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 23:10:48 +0100 Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | > Oh, and repoman is now arch neutral. You should know that.
4 |
5 | Repoman from Portage 2.0.50-r9 certainly doesn't provide a full list
6 | of packages that need keywording for sparc when I run it on x86. I
7 | haven't synced up yet today, so I don't know whether Repoman from -r10
8 | can do a better job. I'd like to be surprised, but I'm betting that
9 | it won't.
10
11 It'll give you a full list of first level deps that aren't satisfiable
12 for every arch. Or at least, it's supposed to... It *won't* recursively
13 provide deps of any unsatisfied deps -- a script to do that which gives
14 sanely readable output would be helpful..
17 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
18 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
19 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm