From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new package
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 12:26:11
1 drobbins@g.o wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 07:43:31PM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
4 >
5 > > How about that compromise. We use lowercases for all categories beside
6 > > dev-perl. This whould mean we change three or four package names and makes
7 > > our categories look nicer. For perl modules we continue using case sensitive
8 > > names because the majority of packages uses upper-cases and it reduces
9 > > typing.
10 >
11 > I say that we leave things as-is but begin investigating a MacOS X version
12 > of Portage :)))
13
14 ?? Using case-sensitivity for SRC_URI and case-insensitivity for
15 dependencies?
16
17 Well I think in this case you must write an case insensitive bash
18 parser.
19
20 :-)
21
22 Mac OS's fs allows other things like storing multiple files under the
23 same
24 name. I read an article about the MacOS X development and problems the
25 developers had with the port. Unfortunately I don't find it.
26
27 I hope this is theory for now.
28
29 achim~