From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [rfc] paludis and portage in gentoo statistics
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 16:32:13
1 hi there!
4 intro + high level stuff
5 ===== ================
6
7 the stats gathering project that i'm currently working on mainly
8 involves data specific to the package manager, i.e. portage. as some
9 gentoo users are using paludis instead of portage the question arises if
10 and how we should integrate data submitted from machines using paludis
11 or even paludis and portage in parallel. it might be good to be clear
12 about this before the actual launch of the service to do better long
13 term design decisions, even if paludis support is beyond the scope of
14 the GSoC project. that's why i bring the topic up now.
15
16 any ideas or advice on how we could or should handle that or what to avoid?
19 implementation
20 ==============
21
22 a few variables in portage that do not have a direct equivalent in paludis:
23
24 - ACCEPT_KEYWORDS: deduce from '*/*' line in platforms.conf?
25 - ARCH: deduce from CHOST and deduced ACCEPT_KEYWORDS
26 - SYNC: not deducable
27
28 atoms in paludis seem to be a superset of portages. if so that would
29 not cause any trouble so far.
30
31 any technical differences that you consider to become a problem?
32
33 thanks in advance,
37 sebastian