From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug voting
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:19:46
1 On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 10:53:07AM +0800, Mike Gardiner wrote:
2 > Hi Dylan, Ciaran, all
3 >
4 > Apologies for entering this late, but from what I gather from the
5 > discussion, there seems to be the notion of voting for "real" bugs
6 > versus "enhancement" bugs, with some believing votes for the second
7 > would outweigh the first, and skew the perception of what really needs
8 > to be done.
9 >
10 > So I guess my question follows, is it possible/feasible to only allow
11 > voting on bugs marked as "enhancements"? (as in the bugzilla keyword).
12 I don't think this would do any good. Users tend to mark bugs as
13 enhancement on a whim, from what I've seen. I'd say we should enable
14 voting for all bugs, and users should be informed that all enhancements
15 are considered separately from problems (your "real" bugs), and it
16 should be possible to show the highest voted problems as such.
17
18 I'm also strongly in favour of a limited number of votes per user. Along
19 the lines of 2 votes/week for non-developers, and 4 votes/week for
20 developers. Unused votes should NOT get carried over between weeks, to
21 prevent vote hoarding.
24 Robin Hugh Johnson
25 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
26 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
27 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
28 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85