From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tinfo flag
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 08:09:38
1 On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 6:26 AM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > Updating ~1500 ebuilds with a [tinfo=] use-dep seems like a poor solution.
3
4 If it's the only consistent solution, either you go for it,
5 compromise, or be contented that it's half-broken. I'm not a fan of
6 the latter 2. Or maybe we can /hopefully/ wait for a non-workaround
7 solution in the future EAPI, which I doubt could be provided.
8
9 I'm not a developer, but I can volunteer to make some of the changes.
10 I'll just place the packages in a public repo. Just promise me my
11 effort won't go to waste.
12
13 Doing gradual changes only for every ebuild version bump is not a bad
14 thing either, since that's even what is happening right now.
15
16 Maybe we can create an eclass to make some changes easier (if
17 applicable and useful), and/or debate whether the use of pkg-config
18 over a simple `use tinfo` test and an `export` is effectively better
19 in this context.
22 konsolebox