From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenAFS ebuild
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 07:51:42
1 fre 2001-11-16 klockan 14.35 skrev Achim Gottinger:
2 > Mikael Hallendal wrote:
3
4 > hmm here /usr/include/linux never occures in my build log-file but
5 > instead /usr/src/linux/include/linux
6
7 strange, here it looked in /usr/include/linux and said nothing useful or
8 something and then jumped over the part that made osi_vfs.h.
9
10 > > > > Does it use -lncurses in your case (to link dynamically?) Here it's
11 > > > > hardcoded to /usr/lib/libncurses.so (in the Makefile.in-file).
12 > > > Must build again
13 > >
14 > > Yes, but the package when unpacked has hardcoded /usr/lib/libncurses.so
15 > > not -lncurses which it should have if linking dynamically.
16 >
17 > Well it seems to work here unmodified but if you wanna do that fix
18 > please make sure it uses the lib in /lib and
19 > not the symlink in /usr/lib. I'll remove this link, cuz it was only
20 > needed to build openafs.
21
22 Hmm .. why is there a libncurses.a in /usr/lib and on in /lib? the one
23 in /usr/lib is _not_ a symlink to /lib/libncurses.a
24
25 > Sounds like your gcc build was not complete (that was my prob last time
26 > I had no dynamic ncurses libs).
27 > I have 5.2-r3 installed here -r4 is for gcc-3.0.x if I remember correct.
28 > Or you only looked into /usr/lib and not into /lib :)
29
30 Yes, I only looked in /usr/lib. Found the dynamic libs in /lib.
31 Anyway, should it build static or dynamic. Either way the Makefile.in is
32 wrong. Because it says /usr/lib/libncurses.so and should be saying
33 either:
34
35 For static: /lib/libncurses.a
36 For dynamic: -lncurses
37
38 Is it possible for you to join irc for a while?
39
40 Regards,
41 Mikael Hallendal
45 Mikael Hallendal
46 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
47 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden