From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New cron herd?
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:49:08
1 On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 02:36:58 -0400 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
2 | I wonder if anybody other than myself thinks that base-system should
3 | really only have to deal with packages that are found in 'system' in
4 | the profiles.
5
6 Well, you just witnessed my first step in a not particularly subtle plan
7 to move "all that stuff that got chucked in base-system because no-one
8 else wanted it" into better herds :) There's all sorts of stuff which is
9 marked as being base-system that's pretty much getting ignored in favour
10 of the real "base system" packages.
13 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
14 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
15 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm