From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 29 (USE Flag Grouping) Updates
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:49:59
1 Peter Ruskin posted <200410190126.07099.Peter.Ruskin@×××××××××.com>,
2 excerpted below, on Tue, 19 Oct 2004 01:26:07 +0100:
3
4 > On Monday 18 October 2004 21:19, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 >> |  and that leads to my having less
6 >> | confidence in the professional management of the Gentoo project.
7 >>
8 >> I believe I speak for all of us when I say "huh?".
9 >
10 > I didn't of course mean professional as opposed to amateur, but rather the
11 > first listed definition in the Concise Oxford Dictionary:
12 > a vocation or calling, esp. one that involves some branch of advanced
13 > learning or science.
14 >
15 > So by professional I was implying having skill or competence.
16
17 I think you are digging a hole faster than you can climb out of it! <g>
18 Maybe you better just apologize and leave it at that. (And I had written
19 more, but thought better of it and decided I better just leave this at
20 this! <g>)
24 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
25 temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --
26 Benjamin Franklin
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list