From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Kernel patch
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 04:32:01
1 how do you propose testing this to make sure it actually works?
2 I'm running -jam series here, so device a test and I can verify it .
3 //Spider
4
5 begin quote
6 On Fri, 10 May 2002 09:28:08 +0200
7 Per Wigren <wigren@××××.se> wrote:
8
9 > This patch is supposed to enable DMA for audio-cds on IDE-cdroms so
10 > programs like cdparanoia will be much faster...
11 >
12 > I haven't tested it yet, but could it please be included in Gentoo by
13 > default if it works? It only touches two files (
14 > drivers/cdrom/cdrom.{c,h} ) so it shouldn't interfere with other
15 > patches...
16 >
17 > http://giga.cps.unizar.es/~magallon/linux/kernel/2.4.19-pre8-jam1/42-ide-cd-dma-3.gz
18 >