From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: revisiting our stabilization policy
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 01:35:09
1 On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 04:02:27PM +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Dnia 2014-01-17, o godz. 14:02:51
3 > grozin@g.o napisał(a):
4 >
5 > > Maybe, a good solution is to introduce a special arch, "noarch", for such
6 > > packages (similar to what's done in the rpm world). Then, if a package is
7 > > ~noarch, it is automatically considered ~arch for all arches. Similar for
8 > > stable. The maintainer should be able to keyword ~noarch and to stabilize
9 > > noarch. Comments?
10 >
11 > If you want to play with such a major change, you should start a new
12 > thread instead of starting it in the middle of this spam-art.
13 > Otherwise, many people will miss it and complain loudly afterwards.
14
15 I am going to agree with mgorny on this; highjacking this thread with
16 this change is not appropriate; all we were doing in this thread is
17 trying to figure out a way to improve our stabilization policy.
18
19 Introducing a "noarch" keyword should be discussed in a completely
20 separate thread.
21
22 William