From: Alastair Tse <liquidx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] python-2.3.2-r2 changes
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:11:36
1 Hi All,
2
3 This is just a heads up to people testing python-2.3.2 in portage.
4 After some persuasion, I've decided to make UCS4 the default unicode
5 implementation starting from python-2.3.2-r2. That means if you were
6 testing 2.3.2-r1, you will need to re-run python-updater so it fixes the
7 missing PyUnicodeUCS2_* symbols in certain modules.
8
9 To do that you should use:
10
11 /usr/portage/dev-lang/python/files/python-updater -o 2.3
12
13 (Add -p to the options if you want to make sure it will do the right
14 thing)
15
16 Note that if you are upgrading from python-2.2.*, then you should just
17 run python-updater without any options:
18
19 /usr/portage/dev-lang/python/files/python-updater
20
21 Hopefully, this should be the last revision before we can remove it from
22 p.mask. Although this has to happen after portage-2.0.49-r16 gets
23 unmasked.
24
25 Cheers,
26 --