From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] versionator.eclass: convert to eshopts_{push,pop}
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 21:14:59
On Monday, July 19, 2010 16:45:22 David Leverton wrote:
> On 19 July 2010 21:30, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote: > > i imagine this might be useful in some scenarios, but i think the more > > common usage is to enable things inline. otherwise, the exported API > > would need to be wrapped internally like: > > get_all_version_components() { > > eshopts_need _get_all_version_components -s extglob > > } > > It's meant to work to just define get_all_version_components with the > assumption that extglob will be enabled, and then call eshopts_need in > global scope right after.
you mean the people who want to use get_all_version_components would have to change their invocation to go through eshops_need ? otherwise i dont follow what you mean.
> > there are already eshopts_push/pop funcs that accomodate more things than > > the usage here, but i imagine you did it this way just to make testing > > in your shell easier > > It was supposed to support everything the existing functions do (not > everything demonstrated in the example for brevity), but I might have > missed something.
yeah, i missed the point of the branch. but still, i'd prefer we keep the logic in one place so when a bug is found, only one place needs fixing. -mike

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] versionator.eclass: convert to eshopts_{push,pop} David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>