From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] versionator.eclass: convert to eshopts_{push,pop}
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 21:14:59
1 On Monday, July 19, 2010 16:45:22 David Leverton wrote:
2 > On 19 July 2010 21:30, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 > > i imagine this might be useful in some scenarios, but i think the more
4 > > common usage is to enable things inline. otherwise, the exported API
5 > > would need to be wrapped internally like:
6 > > get_all_version_components() {
7 > > eshopts_need _get_all_version_components -s extglob
8 > > }
9 >
10 > It's meant to work to just define get_all_version_components with the
11 > assumption that extglob will be enabled, and then call eshopts_need in
12 > global scope right after.
13
14 you mean the people who want to use get_all_version_components would have to
15 change their invocation to go through eshops_need ? otherwise i dont follow
16 what you mean.
17
18 > > there are already eshopts_push/pop funcs that accomodate more things than
19 > > the usage here, but i imagine you did it this way just to make testing
20 > > in your shell easier
21 >
22 > It was supposed to support everything the existing functions do (not
23 > everything demonstrated in the example for brevity), but I might have
24 > missed something.
25
26 yeah, i missed the point of the branch. but still, i'd prefer we keep the
27 logic in one place so when a bug is found, only one place needs fixing.
28 -mike