From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving unmaintained packages to Sunrise
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 21:18:53
1 On 06/13/2010 05:26 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
4 >> Wouldn't it be better to officially support moving unmaintained
5 >> packages directly into Sunrise? In this case by 'unmaintained' I mean
6 >> those which have open bugs assigned to 'maintainer-needed' for a long
7 >> time, and are potentially a candidates for the treecleaning (not
8 >> necessarily being in the removal queue yet).
9 >
10 > I think you might not have been around at that time, but when the
11 > sunrise overlay was created, there was a proposal to create a sunset
12 > overlay, like the java team used and now kde uses as well.
13
14 We (java) still use it and call it junkyard. That's an adequate
15 description for the quality of the overlay.
16
17 Regards,
18 Petteri