From: gentoo-user@××××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug-submittal guide?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:18:36
1 On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt wrote:
2
3 > Mjello.
4 >
5 > Is there any official or unofficial guide about how to submit bugs? I have a
6 > few, but I'm not quite sure what component would be the correct.
7 >
8 > Examples:
9 >
10 > * app-cdr/cdrecord won't emerge, and app-cdr/cdrutils has also superceded it.
11 > Is this 'Ebuilds'?
12
13 cdrecord is deprecated, this is not a bug, but cdrecord is masked.
14
15 > * evolution depends on libgdkpixbuf, but also depends on it being compiled
16 > with png-support. However, if libpng is not installed when compiling
17 > libgdkpixbuf, evolution will crash at startup. Is this 'Applications' or
18 > 'Ebuilds'? Shouldn't PNG really have a USE-flag? But that would make
19 > evolution having to depend on PNG, which I'm not sure is possible ("not
20 > sure" in the sense that I haven't looked at the possibility of it)
21
22 This issue is known, although a lot of people have problems with it
23 (at least three people put it up this week)
24
25 > * dev-lang/jdk and dev-java/blackdown-jdk seems to be alike, except the
26 > latter has a newer timestamp. 'Ebuilds'?
29 jdk is Sun's jdk, blackdown-jdk is Blackdown's version. Use the one you
30 like, they do the same (more or less, there are compatibility issues with
31 each of them).
32
33 Paul
36 ___
37 /~~~\ | Paul de Vrieze
38 | O-O | | Student of information management and technology
39 | _ | | Mail: Paul@××××××××.net
40 \___/ | Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net