From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-x86 tree cleanup for 'DESCRIPTION ends with a '.' character' warnings
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:21:56
1 Hello World!
2
3 TL;DR:
4 This evening I plan to mangle ~3000 ebuilds in the main tree
5 by dropping trailing '.' in all 'DESCRIPTION=' fields (except "etc." case)
6
7 Long story:
8
9 As you may know newest portage release 2.2.11
10 got a minor (but chatty) QA warning:
11 DESCRIPTION ends with a '.' character
12
13 https://github.com/gentoo/portage/commit/06637c4215d55c57517739214c6e0fd6f8f53914
14 https://bugs.gentoo.org/438976
15
16 About ~3000 ebuilds are affected, thus I've sketched a mangling script:
17
18 https://github.com/trofi/gentoo-qa/blob/master/check_description.sh
19
20 It is nice to use to convert all your large overlays you sync to gx86, etc.
21
22 The script does not handle case of multiline description:
23 DESCRIPTION="You have to
24 clean that yourself."
25
26 I'll mangle/commit one package at a time. Hope not to interfere with your
27 workflow much.
28
29 If you have any objections/thoughts please do say so.
30
31 Thanks!
35 Sergei