From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dependencies default to accept any slot value acceptable (:*), can we default to :0 instead?
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 20:22:05
1 >>>>> On Sun, 8 Dec 2013, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2
3 > The PMS describes package manager behavior required to support an
4 > ebuild repository. If I read the PMS correctly, SLOT-less dependencies
5 > have undefined behavior; this makes it so that if you have a different
6 > package manager using the same ebuild repository, it could interpret
7 > the dependencies completely different.
8
9 Nothing undefined here. A dependency without a slot means that all
10 slot values are acceptable. And all package managers interpret it in
11 the same way.
12
13 Ulrich