From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sets in the tree
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:27:52
1 On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:16:18 +0100
2 Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3 > My understanding is that the cvs tree should be PMS compatible and
4 > since 'sets' are not part of PMS that means that it would be wise not
5 > to use them yet.
6 > It is unfortunate that nobody seems to have realized that all these
7 > years that 2.2.X was masked :-/
8
9 I don't think it's a question of not realising it. As I understand it,
10 no-one's proposed Portage-format sets to the Council because we all
11 agree it's not suitable for the tree in its current form. The sets in
12 Portage 2.2 are fine as a user feature, but not as a tree feature.
15 Ciaran McCreesh