From: Hasse Hagen Johansen <hhj@××××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ccache
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:19:39
Hi

A couple of days ago it was recommended on this list to use ccache. I
have now tried ccache, and I think it breaks some builds horrible. As of
now I have tried to build mozilla-1.3-r2, and jack-cvs. Those packages
fail with an error that the linker parser cannot understand the format
of one of the object files. I think it would be a very good idea not
have the ccache flag enabled by default it simply breaks normally
working ebuilds. I think that it should be something you can set in your
use flags if you know what you are doing.

Comments welcome. It could be me just to stupid to use ccache ;-)

Regards
Hasse