From: Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: net-nds/gq
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:42:08
1 Hello Jakub
2
3 On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 10:33:52AM +0100, Jakub Moc wrote:
4 > GTK-based LDAP client. This thing has no maintainer, is broken and dead
5 > upstream (unmaintained, last release 2+ ago).
6
7 I don't think it makes huge sense to keep it, even if it worked for me
8 for the last three years or so. Unmaintained stuff sucks if it's broken.
9
10 > Otherwise, I suggest to p.mask this in two weeks and then remove from
11 > portage.
12
13 For those looking for alternatives, net-nds/ldapvi is a good one.
14
15 Greets,
16 Michael
19 Gentoo Linux developer, http://hansmi.ch/, http://forkbomb.ch/