From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GRP set consolidation
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 21:35:23
1 Ok, we just had a conversation in #gentoo-dev and it seems most people
2 are interested in this. The problem as it stands is that our mirrors are
3 low on space and so other projects can't get space, such as embedded,
4 hardened and even other archs. The main user of space is having 5 grp
5 packagecd's for x86 alone. The idea is to build a consolidated grp set
6 with a generic -mcpu (i686 or so) and then use that.
7
8 As I'm sure this will become a large and flaming thread, and probably
9 won't read them all I'll just go ahead and suggest that we add this to
10 the next meeting to discuss it if there are large amounts of disagreement.
11
12 Joshua Brindle
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list