From: "René Neumann" <lists@××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add HEXCHAT_PLUGINS to USE_EXPAND
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 13:35:58
1 Am 21.03.2013 14:09, schrieb Denis M.:
2 > Hello, I'd want to ask if it's possible and a good idea to add
3 > HEXCHAT_PLUGINS to the global USE_EXPAND var.
4
5 I personally don't think this is a good idea. Imho USE_EXPAND should be
6 used for flags that will be used by multiple (>5?) packages -- for the
7 simple reason, that USE_EXPAND somewhat hints for using /etc/make.conf
8 for configuration (yes, you can still use package.use, but this feature
9 is probably not so well known). Also the bug gives no reasoning, why
10 having USE_EXPAND is a good thing here.
11
12 - René