From: Aisha Tammy <gentoo@×××××.cc>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cleaning up the installation handbook (Legacy boot / MBR / ...)
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 20:40:41
1 On 5/2/20 4:30 PM, Andreas K. Hüttel wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > our installation handbook is right now something of a mess (in particular
5 > regarding partitioning, bootloader, gpt/uefi, ...)
6 >
7 > I'm hereby volunteering to clean things up.
8
9 Thanks a lot for your work :)
10
11 But - I'll go the brutal way:
12 >
13 > * Legacy boot and MBR will get kicked out. *
14 >
15 > This is your chance to protest or support.
16
17 I would like to ask for this to be kept somewhere at least.
18
19 Is it possible to put it in a separate section or in a page outside the handbook?
20 Having a separate page for it in the wiki might be fine as well.
21
22 (I don't know if non-devs are allowed to give an opinion, so apologies if I seem
23 presumptuous)
24
25 Best,
26 Aisha