From: "Tod M. Neidt" <tneidt@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] lsof with gentoo CFLAGS
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:19:41
1 "Bruce A. Locke" wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:49:43 -0500
4 > "Tod M. Neidt" <tneidt@××××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > One comment. From the documentation, lsof appears to be sensitive to
7 > > the system kernel. It may require some kind of dependency so that if a
8 > > new kernel is merged, lsof gets rebuilt for that kernel. I am not 100%
9 > > sure if that necessary though.
10 >
11 > If a kernel dependency needs to be added it might be a good idea to allow
12 > for some way of overriding the dependency in case the end user decides not
13 > to use the gentoo kernel-source packages, etc and uses a linus tree
14 > instead (aka no entries in the db, etc). Or does such a thing exist
15 > already?
16
17 You still *might* have to rebuild lsof for the new kernel regardless of
18 where it came from. See the "Marty says:" discussion on
19 cross-configuration in the 00XCONFIG doc file. I don't know how
20 applicable this is now though. The kernels discussed are rather old.
21 Like me. :)
22
23 tod