From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Guidelines for dangerous USE flags
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 15:22:39
1 On 08/22/2017 02:44 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > From a Gentoo Infrastructure team perspective, we'd strongly prefer USE
3 > flags, because that fits better into existing configuration management
4 > tools, almost none of which have handling for EXTRA_ECONF or rebuilding
5 > after EXTRA_ECONF changes (rebuild-on-USE-change is supported).
6 >
7 > And please do bring that option back, we do use it for NRPE in a limited
8 > set of cases (eg to avoid hard-coding passwords into the NRPE config).
11 It's back, but the flag is masked. Since the USE flag mask is going to
12 retroactively hit people who use --newuse, I suggest adding
13
14 net-analyzer/nrpe -command-args
15
16 to your
17
18 /etc/portage/profile/package.use.mask
19
20 right now, to avoid surprises.