From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 13:38:32
1 On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:29:00 +0200
2 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > Which of the issues I listed needs to be addressed for the scm
5 > > proposal?
6 >
7 > At least the upstream server load.
8
9 -scm doesn't attempt to use upstream to obtain any information.
10 Upstream is only contacted when people install or reinstall packages,
11 the same as for -9999 versions currently.
12
13 > Other people seem to think it's feasible
14
15 Jumping to that conclusion from such a vague proposal suggests that not
16 much thought has gone into thinking that...
17
18 > I think my proposal nicer and giving some value for the effort of
19 > implementing it
20
21 And I think it's not even far enough to be called a proposal, and we
22 can't sensibly discuss any of it until it is.
23
24 > -scm adds a some work to do with undefined features at best.
25
26 -scm is trivial.
29 Ciaran McCreesh