From: Dirk Heinrichs <ext-dirk.heinrichs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Comparing Openpkg with portage
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:05:33
1 Am Donnerstag, 8. September 2005 21:56 schrieb ext m h:
2 > Browsing around on the osx list led me back to the archives of this list
3 > (may) for the "new glep draft: Portage as a secondary package manager"
4 > novel. Is this effort going anywhere? I could probably devote as much as
5 > a week to creating a proof of concept (don't know if that will be enough
6 > time), but would like to collaborate with others interested in this. I'm
7 > not very familiar with the inner workings of portage (just a happy gentoo
8 > user since 2002), but I am comfortable with bash and python and have read
9 > the developers documentation.
10
11 I'm also interested in this since I'm searching for a way to install
12 software into an AFS filesystem for easy distribution. But this has special
13 requirements (rw path vs. ro path). Of course, I'd like to do it the
14 "Gentoo Way(tm)".
15
16 Bye...
17
18 Dirk
19 --
20 Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
21 Configuration Manager | Fax: +49 (0)211 47068 111
22 Capgemini Deutschland | Mail: dirk.heinrichs@×××××××××.com
23 Hambornerstraße 55 | Web: http://www.capgemini.com
24 D-40472 Düsseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733
25 GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net