From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: qa@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Patch for python.eclass
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 03:16:56
1 On Sunday, September 19, 2010 22:53:31 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
2 wrote:
3 > 2010-09-20 03:45:14 Mike Frysinger napisaƂ(a):
4 > > while you're in the process of cleaning things up, i know we dont have a
5 > > rule anywhere in terms of line length, but python.eclass has always
6 > > struck me as a file with incredibly excessive line length. comparing to
7 > > other eclasses, it has multiple lines in it longer than any single line
8 > > in any other eclass.
9 > >
10 > > i normally develop in a terminal with 170 cols (which i think is larger
11 > > than average), so i'm pretty lenient, but even python.eclass exceeds
12 > > that multiple times if not running close to it.
13 >
14 > python.eclass has many nested checks, loops etc.
15
16 so what ? actually look at the long lines. none of them need to be so long:
17
18 lines 33 & 802 & 2226 - a large number of local variables that could easily be
19 line wrapped otherwise we get 344+ cols. good luck figuring out what vars are
20 at the tail end of that.
21
22 lines 274 & 290 - a lot of checks in a single if statement that too could
23 easily be line wrapped
24
25 line 2354 - a really long ebegin message that is shown to users
26
27 line 489 - a single sed statement that can easily be line wrapped
28
29 lines 1158 & 1184 - a single inline python command that can easily be line
30 wrapped
31 -mike