From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: sping@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Python eclasses -- a summary and reminder
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:00:37
1 On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:52:45 +0100
2 Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Looks like great work so far.
7 > On 11.02.2013 01:20, Michał Górny wrote:
8 > > Secondly, I'd like to make it clear that the old python.eclass is
9 > > 'almost' deprecated. We're in process of converting the in-tree
10 > > packages to use the new eclasses but that's a lot of work [3].
11 > >
12 > > [..]
13 > >
14 > > [3]:http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/python-r1/conversion.xhtml
15 >
16 > I wonder what would be the best way to help with conversion for devs
17 > with a few hours to contribute?
18
19 Write docs ;). We need more complete, cleaner docs.
20
21 > - Where does one go for peer review and how many eyes should be on
22 > related commits?
23
24 I guess #gentoo-python would be a good place. Look for me or floppym
25 especially.
26
27 > - Should package "owners" be contacted in all cases?
28
29 Well, I assumed that packages in Python herd can be converted without
30 contacting other maintainers. For other packages, I opened a bug.
31
32 > - Are there any conversion sprints already or in the future?
33
34 No. To be honest, I dislike unnecessary rush. The migration is a good
35 moment to find bugs in Python ebuilds and fix them. Well, definitely
36 better than 'review Python-related code' bugs :P.
39 Best regards,
40 Michał Górny