From: Arcady Genkin <agenkin@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] User overrides for masked packages
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:44:41
1 I've moved this to -dev.
2
3 Vitaly Kushneriuk <vitaly_kushneriuk@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 07:58, Arcady Genkin wrote:
6 >> Is there any config file where I can override the package masks? I
7 >> mean some way other than editing /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask.
8 >
9 > I guess you are using emerge rsync, and it overwrites whatever
10 > changes you do to the package.mask file. Try using anon-cvs.
11
12 I think that this is not the right solution.
13
14 IMO, if there is no such functionality already, we need to provide a
15 clean way for the users to maintain local overrides to the
16 package.mask file.
17
18 Suppose that we make ebuild system support /etc/package.unmask file.
19 I could even take a shot at this if no-one objects.
20
21 p.s. Something tells me that /usr/portage/profiles/ is not the right
22 place for package.mask.
23 --
24 Arcady Genkin
25 Don't read everyting you believe.