From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Deprecating EAPI0
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 20:21:57
1 On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 18:37:12 +0100
2 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
3 > To make our lives easier I would suggest deprecating EAPI0 and
4 > migrating existing ebuilds over some time to EAPI1 or higher until
5 > EAPI0 can be obsoleted at some point in the future.
6
7 Uh. Why?
8
9 Introducing a policy encouraging moving things that definitely aren't
10 in the least bit likely to be a system dep on a bump, sure. Making 1 or
11 2 the default for new packages, sure. But rewriting existing things?
12 That's just an accident waiting to happen.
15 Ciaran McCreesh