From: Torsten Rehn <scel@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Deprecating an eclass
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 23:21:19
1 On Monday 18 February 2008, Doug Klima wrote:
2 > Potentially doing something like:
3 > DEPRECIATED="$DEPRECATED $ECLASS"
4 > at the top of each deprecated eclass.
5
6 Adding deprecation info directly into the eclass file feels wrong to me.
7 (Eclasses are free software after all and can be reused - ok, nobody will
8 ever do that, but we're talking theory here - so we shouldn't put Gentoo
9 policy in there.)
10
11 What about /usr/portage/profiles/deprecated_eclasses looking like
12
13 old_eclass_1,old_eclass_2:new_eclass_1,new_eclass_2
14
15 indicating that the old_eclasses have been deprecated by the new_eclasses.
16 Having multiple eclasses deprecated by multiple eclasses may not be that
17 common, but this kind of syntax allows for some grouping of related eclasses
18 being replaced together.
19 --
20 Torsten Rehn <scel@××××.org>
21 Gentoo AMD64 Arch Tester