From: "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat.nospamplease@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo as a development platform
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:25:01
On Sunday 17 April 2005 03:03 CET Daniel Drake wrote:
> Robert Paskowitz wrote: >[...] > > Having portage take your own tree from a particular user's > > home directory on the other hand seems like a bit of a stretch, and no > > necessarily all that useful. > > I would find this useful, but perhaps the things I'm thinking of are just > suited to my style of working rather than a general development scenario.
I don't think so; from time to time when I hacked on KDE or SpamAssassin, I thought a feature like the ones you described (ie. treat the ebuilds as mere recipes to build some codebase) would be very cool. Cheers, Malte -- [SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively" <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html> [ESR] Eric S. Raymond: "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html> -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list