From: Jaco Kroon <jaco@××××××.za>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: noarch keyword
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 15:10:24
1 Hi,
2
3 I'd be in support.  Especially for "data only" kind of packages, like:
4
5 net-misc/asterisk-moh-opsound
6 net-misc/asterisk-extra-sounds
7 net-misc/asterisk-core-sounds
8
9 For all three these I've already dropped the DEPEND on net-misc/asterisk
10 anyway, and upgraded the PDEPEND on net-misc/asterisk back onto these to
11 RDEPEND.  Other than that they really only install a bunch of audio
12 files in various formats.
13
14 One could even mark the various acct-{user,group}/* packages this way
15 (although this is a simple eclass change).
16
17 One challenge I foresee is that one could have a perl, python or php
18 (script language of choice) package depend on a specific version of
19 interpreter, which may not be stable for given arch.  So may require
20 some special handling in terms of dependencies.
21
22 Kind Regards,
23 Jaco