From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: i have an idea ! (erescue)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:48:33
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > Jan Kundrát posted <428881F2.9000004@××××××.net>, excerpted below, on
3 > Mon, 16 May 2005 13:20:18 +0200:
6 >>What is a probability that user running *stable* branch would bork his
7 >>box by upgrades?
10 > Well, I suppose that depends on what sort of CFLAGS they run, and whether
11 > anybody else has been hair-brained enough to decide to try them and then
12 > filed a bug that got them filterflagged in the ebuild, yet, or if they
13 > bypassed the filterflags stuff (as I occasionally do, but on ~arch and
14 > with a working partition and three levels of backup on two separately
15 > bootable disks). <g>
18 Well, I meant wise users :-P. There is not so many ricers using stable
19 branch, IMHO...
20
21 -jkt
24 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth