From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE_EXPAND and libcs
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:16:22
1 On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 23:11:33 +0100 Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Since USE_EXPAND has moved into the profiles, and we find ourselves
4 | needing to switch code and dependencies based on the libc in use
5 | (mainly due to glibc being weird and bundling several other libraries
6 | together), I'd like to add a LIBC variable to the profiles, and add it
7 | into USE_EXPAND. That way, ebuilds that need to can handle code
8 | specific to one libc in a vaguely sane manner.
9
10 Any reason you don't just do all four (five?) at once?
13 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
14 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
15 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm