From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:27:56
1 Hi,
2
3 Mike Auty <ikelos@g.o>:
4 > So the still unanswered question appears to be, would we like Gentoo
5 > to have fewer packages and less choice but greater QA, stability and
6 > a feel of professionalism, or would we like to have more packages and
7 > choice but a worse QA record, make some mistakes, and have a more
8 > community-based feel? If you're going to try to answer this question
9 > please be delicate with your repsonses, in the past I can recall
10 > developers leaving over exactly this divide...
11
12 Sometimes we have bugs and packages that have some official
13 maintainer, but he never reacts...do we want that? Sometimes I clear
14 some old bugs assigned to some, that are trivial to fix; seldomly I get
15 a reaction from that person (negatively or positively).
16 I have no problem with a trigger for undertakers so they can go and
17 check if the person committing only a bit takes care of his bugs...
18
19 V-Li
22 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
23 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
24
25 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>