From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] use.force as a complement to use.mask in profiles
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 11:10:35
1 Pardon the spam, but correcting a misstatement on my part-
2
3 On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 09:41:39PM -0700, Brian Harring wrote:
4 > I know of selinux, and multilib- all that are effectively features,
5 > and exist in the use conditional namespace because they
6 > unfortunately straddle both (same issue with FEATURES=test).
7 >
8 > So... two flags I can think of, and it requires recording the setting
9 > in multiple spots (features, use, and now use.force).
10 >
11 > How is this improving it really? It blocks people from disabling
12 > automatic pulling in of selinux policies, presumably trying to prevent
13 > them *accidentally* disabling it.
14 >
15 > If the target is those flags... this patch doesn't really cut it
16 > either.
17 >
18 > Said patch is actually atom -> flags forcing, not global forcing.
19
20 A chunk of the patch actually supports flat out global forcing, thus
21 this particular critique is invalid (the package.* stuff stands still
22 though).
23
24 Would blame me just misreading the diff, but I think the real culprit
25 is Adult Swim showing Pee Wee's playhouse for rotting the brain
26 instead ;)
27
28 ~harring