From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding USE=udev to linux profiles
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 05:48:45
1 Am Donnerstag, 19. Juli 2018, 23:51:17 CEST schrieb Ben Kohler:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'd like to propose adding USE=udev to our linux profiles (in
5 > profiles/default/linux/make.defaults probably). This flag is already
6 > enabled on desktop profiles but it also affects quite a few packages
7 >
8 > Any objections to this idea?
9
10 We removed the dedicated "server profiles" and told everyone
11 "Don't ever use -*"; if you want to have a sane minimal set of features use
12 the base profile as e.g. default/linux/amd64/17.0".
13
14 If with USE=udev this profile still fulfills the definition of "sane minimal
15 set of features", then it's fine.
16
17 (Keep in mind, we have all sorts of people out there running gentoo not only
18 on desktops or beefy servers.)
19
20 Otherwise it should stay in desktop profile.
21
22 Cheers A
25 Andreas K. Hüttel
26 dilfridge@g.o
27 Gentoo Linux developer
28 (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel)